Name: Rajkumar M Topannavar
DOB:15th January 1978
Age: 44 years Old
Marital Status: Married
Information Technologies, Mobile computing, Location Based Services,
Business Intelligence, Smart Cities
Editor & Owner of Kannadamma News Network(Newspaper & Regional TV Channel in North Karnataka)
2005 - 2012
2012 - 2014
2014 - 2018
District President of Karnataka Rakshana Vedike
Joined KJP in 2012 State Secretary, Karnataka Janata Party in
Served as District General Secretary in BJP
Joined Aam Adami Party, Zonal President(Belagavi, Bagalkote, Vijaypura & Dharwad) of Aam Adami Party from March 2022 onwards.
Background & Family:
I am proud of My father Late.Shri. M. S. Topannavar, who was a pioneer and a Leader of the Kannada Movement and he fought for the cause of Karnataka. He had good relations with Kannadigas, Marathas, Urdu speaking people and other minorities. He was brave but very humble and he had a great connection with the masses. In 1972 he started a Kannada Publication called “Kannadamma Daily” through its medium he created awareness of various social issues and stood for the cause of Karnataka. He trained hundreds of Journalists who are now working in key positions in the media industry across India in Major National and State Dailies. Through Kannadamma Daily and his leadership he did a lot of social work in North Karnataka. He was very popular amongst the masses, more than 1 lakh people attended his funeral from all communities and shut their shops & Establishments showing his popularity in the region and Govt. of Karnataka declared a holiday to mourn his death. He was posthumously awarded the Rajyotsava Award by Govt. of Karnataka. My mother Late.Smt.Umadevi M Topannavar coming from a influential Patil(panchamasali Lingayat) family continued my Father’s legacy after his death and took charge of Kannadamma Daily and was a very prominent woman editor in Karnataka, She was very brave and bold and an excellent Orator. She took charge of the movement and built her leadership by doing various social works and encouraging many women’s self help groups and inculcating entrepreneurship skills in women. She set an example for many women to be self reliant. I have always been influenced by both my parents and this actually led me to be active in social work. Both My parents fought for development of Belagavi and this has always influenced me seeing their love for Belagavi and I believe my mission in life is to fight for overall development of Belagavi City and making it one of the preferred destination globally thereby making our state and Country proud.
● Highly Skilled in needs assessment, strategic Planning, establishing Priorities & delegating Tasks, motivating teams to reach for their Best, and follow through to ensure success.
● More than 12 years experience in team building/leadership, motivation, general and technical project management, product marketing, and management, negotiation and mediation.
● A dynamic Speaker, trainer and presenter, Skilled in applying innovation & humor to deliver effective presentations to diverse audiences at all Organizational level.
● More than 12 years of experience in mobilizing people, motivating them to fight for constructive issues.
● Good knowledge of Urban Development & Infrastructure, Urban Mobility, use of Information technology in egovernance systems.
● Knowledge in renewable energy systems, smart grids, energy transactions, Smart cities.
● Knowledge of GIS & GPS, Location Based services, Mobile application, Web based Apps.
● Knowledge of Information Technology systems, data warehousing, Business Intelligence and Dashboards.
● Organized Belagavi City’s First conference on sustainable development and infrastructure in Belagavi.
●The conference was attended by experts in urban development, Urban Mobility, water management, Renewable energy & energy efficiency consultants, Heritage conservation, environment conservation & green field development.
● The Conference addressed many burning issues which can be solved by use of technology and proper planning in Belagavi City.
● Successfully fought and spearheaded the movement for Rani Chennamma University in Belagavi.
● Successfully fought for construction of SuvarnaSoudha in Belagavi.
● Successfully fought and spearheaded the movement to convince the state Government to conduct winter sessions in Belagavi.
● Fought for many civic amenities issues across the District.
● Fought successfully for development of 2 major slums in Belagavi City and provided electricity, drinking water roads for Alarwad slum and Rukmini Nagar Slum.
● Organized an awareness Conference on the feasibility and use of new Railway lines across Belagavi District in Gokak City.
● Successfully fought against the Income tax department who wanted to build a official cum residential complex in front of our 1000 year old Belagavi Fort which represent our History and heritage, was instrumental in persuading state Government to announce the Fort wall as a state Monument so that it gets protection and development fund for the conservation and beautification of fort, the income tax department was stopped from building the complex in front of the Fort Wall.
● Spearheaded the movement for establishment of a modern & State of the art Vegetable Market in Belagavi City thereby helping farmers sell their produce at a good rate.
● Fought for various issues for the development of Belagavi and North Karnataka.
●Spearheaded a movement across North Karnataka to convince the Railways Department to conduct exams in local languages for people who are applying for C & D grade employee’s recruitment. After our severe protests it was successful and Railways started conducting exams in local language for C & D grade employees thereby providing employment for thousands of youth in North Karnataka. I was also jailed for 7 days during this protest in Hubli.
● Fought for resumption of flight services in Belagavi Airport and up gradation of existing Airport.
● Convinced the District Administration to stop Night traffic in wildlife sensitive areas of Belagavi District.
● Fought for Vishwa Kannada Sammelanna to be held in Belagavi and took active part in the Event by rallying across the District and mobilizing youth to create awareness of the event.
● Prevented the construction of an illegal vegetable market in Belagavi City by the vegetable Mafia & Local Congress MLA to protect the interest of farmers, small vegetable vendors and consumers at large.
● I have been spearheading the movement against the local Congress MLA whenever he has made any mistakes and misused his Office. ● Fought & spearheaded movement for implementation of Kinaye Dam which would benefit around 16 villages of BelagaviTalukas.
● I have spearheaded the campaign against local Congress MLA for illegally building apartments on Nallas and other misuse of Office.
● Organized many Health camps and blood donation camps and was involved in various social activities.
● Actively involved in systematic implementation of Smart City Projects in Belagavi City.
Education & Training:
● Completed Bachelors of Business Administration from Gogte’s Institute of Business Administration, Belagavi.
● Completed many courses in Information Technology, Project Management, Digital Marketing and Social media marketing.
● Regularly participate in Conferences on Startups, Renewable Energy, Smart Cities, Security and IT.
● Owner of Kannadamma Daily, North Karnataka’s No.1 regional Daily publishing from the last 45 years and I am in the field of Media from the past 18 years which is focused on Development issues of Belagavi & North Karnataka.
● Owner of Ombix Technologies, A software based solution provider in the field of Mobile Applications, egovernance applications, web based information systems, Data warehousing, Business Intelligence, Dashboards and Location Based Services.
● Worked as a consultant with Global Energy to facilitate renewable energy transactions.
● I was District President of KRV, a Regional outfit in Karnataka and I mainly focused on Infrastructure Development and local civic issues, ● I was responsible for many successful campaigns across the District and mobilized youth in around 800 Villages in Belagavi District.
● President of Karnataka Navanirmana Padhe, a youth movement fighting for local, civic Issues, Culture & Environment.
● Involved actively in all activities of the Party in planning & Execution of all activities.
● Highly active on Social media with a good presence promoting Party’s ideology & activities.
● Involved with many NGOs and youth organizations and doing many social works.
● Presently also Serving as President of Association of Regional Newspapers of North Karnataka.
Interests & hobbies:
● I have a huge interest in Wildlife and Nature and study of the biodiversity of Western Ghats, Also closely study the elephant Habitat and corridor movement in Dandeli Tiger Reserve,Bhimgad Wildlife Sanctuary and Nagarghalli buffer zone area.
● IT, Technology, Gadgets.
● Smart Cities & new sustainable technologies in Urban Development
● Video Gaming, Animation.
● Reading books on History, Travel, Religion and Mythology.
● Off-roading and adventure sports.
● Interest in spiritual enhancement, Yoga & Meditation.